logo kane and crowell family law center


An Association Of Attorneys


Always Tell the Truth

The progress of the trial is determined by the judge and only the judge. It can take one morning, one day or several weeks. After hearing all the proof, the judge will make their ruling. The ruling will be written down by the attorneys into a Final Decree of Divorce. 

If you disagree with the ruling, you have thirty days to file an appeal of the case with the Court of Appeals. An Appeal can last (1) year  to eighteen (18) months.

If you want your maiden name restored, we can handle that in the Final Decree. A Final Decree may not end the case. After the ruling, we may need to  prepare Quit Claim Deeds, Qualified Domestic Relation Orders for division of retirement polices and transfer personal property between the parties.